CEPA Member Benefits
Become the Next Value Advisor through CEPA
The Certified Exit Planning Advisor™ (CEPA™) is not just another credential; it is a solution. CEPAs learn how to use the Value Acceleration Methodology™ and how to advise business owners and their families on action plans and strategies that address the “three legs of the stool.” Credentialed Membership is exclusively available to professional advisors who are in pursuit of or have earned the CEPA designation.
This year we are introducing our new tiered CEPA Member Benefits. We recognize that some advisors are interested in joining a vast community of Certified Exit Planning Advisors with access to a comprehensive Content Portal, but some advisors are interested in actively holding the designation for the methodology alone. We have updated our membership levels to Credentialed and Credentialed Plus.
Credentialed Member – $395 Annually
Granted to those who have demonstrated through education, experience, training and passing of the final examination through the CEPA Credentialing Program that they meet the qualifications to hold the CEPA designation. This status allows the advisor to actively hold the CEPA designation offered by EPI and utilize the marks, logos, and methodology.
Credentialed Plus Member – $895 Annually
- The Credentialed Plus membership tier includes all the benefits of the Credentialed tier plus access to the EPI Content Portal, CEPA Think Tank Networking Groups, and Monthly Member Round Ups.
- Marketing, Conversation and Mini-Assessment Tools
- This portal grants access to hundreds of pieces of content that can be utilized in marketing and owner engagement tactics to better engage, intrigue, and empower the owner through education, as well as
self-assessment tools to help any owner understand their value, and presentations along with research pieces and cases studies.
- Content Includes: Infographics, Whitepapers, Articles, Blog Posts, Email Campaigns, Research, Presentations, Engagement Letters, Mini Assessment Tools, and Meeting Templates
- This portal grants access to further self-guided professional
development experiences to advance the advisor’s knowledge in exit planning and its surrounding topics within the exit planning ecosystem.
- Topics Include: Exit Planning, Value Acceleration, Value Growth, Exit Options, Estate Planning, Financial Planning, M&A, and more!
CEPA Think Tank Networking Groups
- Held virtually every other week and hosted by the EPI Member
Experience Team. These virtual best practice and networking groups allow CEPAs to get introduced to new topics live with experts while integrating best practices through deeper guided conversation with fellow CEPAs from around the country and world. Each networking group counts for 1 Hour of CEPA Continued Education Credit.
Monthly Member Round Up
- Drive best practices through understanding how fellow CEPAs are implementing the Value Acceleration Methodology into their firm and with their business owners.
- EPI Member Experience team features up to three CEPAs in a CEPA Spotlight and curates the best content and events from across the exit planning ecosystem and EPI Community.
|CEPA Membership Includes:||Credentialed – $395||Credentialed Plus – $895|
|Actively Hold the CEPA Designation||X||X|
|Access to EPI and CEPA Logos||X||X|
|Knowledge of Value Acceleration Methodology||X||X|
|Access to EPI Content Portal||X|
|CEPA Think Tank||X|
|Access to Marketing Tools||X|
|Monthly Member Round Up||X|
Continuing Education (CE) Renewal Requirements
The Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) credential must be renewed every three (3) years via continuing education and your next CEPA cycle expiration date is Friday, December 30, 2022. To maintain your earned credential, you must complete (1) ongoing adherence to professional conduct requirements and (2) continual professional development activities, or a combination of professional development activities and contributions to the profession; as outlined below:
- Meet Minimum Continuing Education Requirement: Renewing certification holders must have completed a minimum of 40 hours of exit planning related professional development. EPI accepts reciprocal CE hours from CPE, CFP, etc. EPI, however, does not accept ethics as CE.
- Maintain Professional/Ethics Standards: Renewing certification holders must agree in writing that they will adhere to the EPI Professional Standards and Code of Ethics, and they must re-attest that they have not been convicted of a felony related to the practice of exit planning.
In addition to the requirements stated above, in order to maintain the CEPA credential, an Annual Membership fee must be maintained. In the case the Annual Membership fee is not maintained, the CEPA credentials will be de-activated and membership terminated. An applicant will be ineligible for renewal if their Annual Membership fee is past due.
Qualifying Professional Development Activities
You will receive continuing education credits as outlined below for the following items:
1. Serving on the CEPA Faculty: 2 hours per session presented.
2. Presenting a session at any EPI conference: 2 hours
3. Serving as a Board of Directors Chair or a standing committee chair: 2 hours
4. Speaking at a non-EPI conference (i.e. NACVA, IBBA, AICPA, MMIBA, AMAA etc.) as the content leader: 2 hours
5. Published articles: 2 hours credit for each article published in a recognized publication
You may receive 1 hour of CE credit for each 60 minutes of education, subject to approval from the EPI CE Coordinator, offered by any major organization such as NACVA, AICPA, AMAA, CFP Board, IBBA, IMCA, FPA et al. (For example, a program that runs 120 minutes would count as 2 CE credits).
Please indicate the total number of hours you have submitted for credit and provide a detailed listing for each program or activity. There is no requirement to attach documentation or proof of attendance at educational events or background information. However, the CEPA program reserves the right to request an audit documentation confirming the information reflected on your application. It is up to the CEPA member to keep track of all continuing education programs for submission at the proper time.Renew Now