The Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) designation is awarded to those professionals who meet the experience and education requirements, attend the credentialing program, and pass the proctored exam. The CEPA designation is accepted by more than 18 major designations and organizations, making it the most widely endorsed and accepted exit planning designation in the marketplace today. To learn more, visit www.EarnCEPA.com.
CEPA Phoenix | Class of 2018
Please join us in congratulating and welcoming the newest Certified Exit Planning Advisors to join the growing exit planning community!
- Sean Anthony, MBA, CFP®, CEPA, U.S. Trust, California, USA [read more]
- Brian Baum, CFP®, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Pennsylvania, USA [read more]
- Cameron Bell, CFP®, MAS, CEPA, Wealth Management Institute, Ltd., Maryland, USA [read more]
- Shannon Benolken, MBA, EDFP, CGBP, CEPA, Itasca Economic Development Corporation, Minnesota, USA [read more]
- Andrew Bishop, CFA, CEPA, AllianceBernstein, Washington, DC, USA [read more]
- Linda H. Bowers, J.D., CFP®, AEP, CEPA, Arizona Bank & Trust, Arizona, USA [read more]
- Andrea Brady, CPA, CMP, CEPA, Concannon, Miller & Co., Pennsylvania, USA [read more]
- Daniel Brunello, MBA, CFP, CEPA, Bernstein Private Wealth Management, Texas, USA [read more]
- Roger Burton, PMP, CEPA, Wells Fargo Advisors, Arizona, USA [read more]
- John Chichester, CPA, PFS, CFP®, AIF®, CGMA, CEPA, TrustBank, Arizona, USA [read more]
- Paula Connell, CFP®, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Kentucky, USA [read more]
- Kelli Cox, CPA, CEPA, CGC Accountants & Advisors, California, USA [read more]
- Richard DeMarco Jr, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., New Hampshire, USA [read more]
- Donnie DeYoung, CPWA, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Colorado, USA [read more]
- Tommy Doerfler, CFP®, CPA, CEPA, Southwestern Investment Group, Tennessee, USA [read more]
- Craig Doescher, MBA, CEPA, The Doescher Group, Michigan, USA [read more]
- Matthew Eells, CMSBB, CEPA, UNI Investors Inc., Idaho, USA [read more]
- Sam Fischer, CRPC, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Texas, USA [read more]
- Lou Fuoco, CPA, CEPA, TFG Business Advisory, New York, USA [read more]
- Lavonne Garrison, MBA, CWS, CEPA, Frost Bank, Texas, USA [read more]
- Jeffrey Hackett, CIMA, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., California, USA [read more]
- Denise Hanson-LaFever, CPA, CEPA, Strategic M&A, Idaho, USA [read more]
- Michael Hyzdu, MBA, CFP®, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Ohio, USA [read more]
- Andrew Kahn, CPA, MBA, CFP®, CEPA, Concannon, Miller & Co., Pennsylvania, USA [read more]
- Patrick Lambrechts, CEPA, Bol Adviseurs BV, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands [read more]
- Brian Long, CPA, CEPA, JC & Company, Ohio, USA [read more]
- Jacob Mangalath, MBA, MSF, CEPA, Generational Equity, Texas, USA [read more]
- Scott Pann, CIMA, CPWA, AAMS, MBA, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Colorado, USA [read more]
- Michael Pattengale, CPA/ABV, CGMA, CEPA, REDW, New Mexico, USA [read more]
- John Pettee, CFP®, CTFA, AEP, CWS, CAP, CEPA, Charles Schwab, Arizona, USA [read more]
- Michael Pumo, CFP®, AWMA, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Texas, USA [read more]
- Stephen Riebe, ChFC, PMP, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Texas, USA [read more]
- Nerre Shuriah, J.D., LL.M., ADPA, CEPA, First Citizens Bank, North Carolina, USA [read more]
- Noah Simon, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., New York, USA [read more]
- Bryan Sonderby, ChFC, CEPA, The Crestwell Group, California, USA [read more]
- Scott Sporrer, CPA, CEPA, California, USA [read more]
- Kyle Stemple, CPA, CGMA, MBA, CEPA, Rea & Associates, Inc., Ohio, USA [read more]
- Robert Strickland, MBA, CEPA, Shaffer Wealth Management, Georgia, USA [read more]
- Joe Wirbick, CFP®, CDFA, CEPA, Sequinox, Pennsylvania, USA [read more]
- Mazal Yehezkely, CEPA, BNY Mellon Wealth Management, Florida, USA [read more]
- John Yun, CFP®, CRPC, CEPA, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Virginia, USA [read more]
We look forward to supporting all of you, alongside the entire CEPA network, as you change outcomes for the middle market!
More than a credentialing company.
“This Methodology is Going to Supercharge My Practice!” -Justin Goodbread, CEPA, CFP®
Official ‘Exit Planning’ Definition: Exit planning combines the plan, concept, effort, and process into a clear, simple strategy to build a business that is transferable through strong human, structural, customer, and social capital. The future of the business owner, his/her family, and the business itself are addressed by exit planning through creating value today.
Exit planning is not just a plan (or a keyed-in report to print out for an owner). It is a strategy rooted in execution that grows value while expanding options so that an owner can transition the business on his/her terms when they are ready. It aligns the business, personal, and financial needs of the owner. Good exit planning utilizes the Value Acceleration Methodology™ to move clients through discovery, prepare, and decide gates. Certified Exit Planning Advisors (CEPA) educate the owner on all of the exit options and enters an engagement with an exit-option-agnostic perspective as to truly serve the business owner’s diverse needs. CEPAs collaborate with a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team of professionals to support the success of the business owner and use each other’s specialties and expertise to the benefit of the project. [view the award-winning methodology]
“Why did I earn CEPA when I already had an exit planning designation? Simple, the network. The quality of the EPI advisor network is unmatched.” -Paul Meyer, CEPA, CBEC
Do you consider your COIs or your referral network as the #1 source for new business? Look no further for your next membership affiliation. Formed in 2005 to serve educational and resource needs of financial planners and wealth managers, CPA/accountants, attorneys, commercial lenders, M&A advisors and business brokers, management consultants and other business advisors, the Exit Planning Institute is considered the standard trendsetter in the field of exit planning across the globe. It is the only organization that offers the Certified Exit Planning Advisor Program (CEPA) and qualifies for continuing education credits with twelve major professional associations, making it the most widely accepted and endorsed professional exit planning program in the world. [find a CEPA in your area]
“As a CPA, nothing is more important than exit planning.” -Bill Kenedy, CPA/ABV, CFF, CEPA
Our founders paved the way for the organization we are today. In the past three years alone, EPI has grown by more than ten times. We support and enable thousands of professional advisors who are leading the way in their local marketplaces across the globe. We invite you to join the community and experience the EPI difference.
We are powered by a dedicated staff, industry experts, and market leaders, that are passionate about providing top professional advisors the best industry content, ongoing practice support, and owner education resources. From humble beginnings, EPI has grown to become the exit planning market leader while staying focused and true to our mission. We are an education company that certifies and supports more than 900 CEPAs (and counting) as well as thousands of advisors worldwide through national, regional, chapter, and virtual education. Explore our history and make plans to play a part in our future. [explore the EPI history timeline snapshot]
“You want to have the best credential in the industry. So my advice is that you have to go with Exit Planning Institute.” -Vincent Mastrovito, CEPA, CBEC
Do you want help in an increasingly commoditized or oversaturated marketplace? Do you want just another designation for your business card or do you want the credentialing education that helps you adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing industry? You’ve come to the right place.
The Exit Planning Institute creates an exit planning “ecosystem,” and due to the diverse nature of exit planning, EPI has fostered a hyper-engaged exit planning community. This community includes CEPAs, other collaborative advisors, strategic alliance partners, academicians, the media, and business owners from across the globe made up of 15 countries, 44 U.S. States and representing over a dozen different professional disciplines. To serve this elite and cross-functional community on one major platform, EPI produces the best content as it relates to exit planning, succession planning, and value acceleration, provides ongoing advisor support and practice development, and creates connectivity to transitioning business owners. [connect with us today]
Explore the unmatched professional development experience and gain your next competitive edge in 2019.
The Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) Program is the most widely endorsed and accepted exit planning designation in the marketplace today. Experience the EPI difference and determine if earning the CEPA designation is the next strategic move for you to reinvent yourself in a changing marketplace. Visit www.EarnCEPA.com today.