The Exit Planning Institute (EPI) supports more than 20 local chapters from coast-to-coast (and counting). Every chapter is a hub for advisors, leaders, and experts to network with complementary disciplines to his/her specialty, earn continuing education, and collaborate on exit planning projects.
Every chapter is led by a top Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) and a local leadership team to cultivate a go-to source for advisors and business owners alike. As natural collaborators, these chapters forge strong bonds with influential organizations including local media outlets and business journals, colleges and universities, as well as major brands in the financial/professional services space and reputable member associations like AICPA, AM&AA, ACG, NACVA and more.
From every corner of the United States, local advisors lead projects, host owner-educational events and workshops, and conduct media-grabbing research in an effort to spread exit planning awareness to the millions of business owners nationwide that can benefit from the realization that, whether you are a Baby Boomer or Millennial entrepreneur, exit planning is simply good business strategy.
Offering unique, interactive sessions and networking (as diverse as an exit planning team itself).
Exit planning is not one size fits all and neither are the educational topics offered monthly! The content offers a wide array of topics that appeal to any advisor that serves business owner clients and wants to ensure that the business doesn’t cease to exist when the owner inevitably exits.
Twice a year, the local leaders release new programs so you can mark your calendar and use your chapter as a reliable platform to sharpen your skills (and grow your referral pipeline simultaneously). Check out the educational lineups below and make plans to participate in 2019 as a key part of your professional development and business development strategy!
Find your “Local Hub” now.
- JAN 24: Partnership Explander™: Tools for a Successful Partnership
- FEB 12: Willing Wisdom, with international expert Dr. Tom Deans
- MAR 28: OwnerRoundtable™ Panel: Discover
- APR 25: EPI Arizona Spring Social, sponsored by First Western Trust
- MAY 23: OwnerRoundtable™ Panel: Prepare
- JUN 13: Sell-Side Tax Planning Through Opportunity Zone Investments
- JAN 17: Learn Everything: Buy-Sell Agreements and More!
- FEB 21: Give-Save Taxes-Impact Lives: Advanced Owner Strategies to Have it All
- MAR 21: Solving for Perfect Family Business Continuity
- APR 18: Lending – Make or Break Business Transitions
- MAY 16: Preparing a Business for Sale
- JUN 20: Saving Taxes on the Disposition of a Business
EPI Greater Boston
- JAN 22: EPI New Year Mixer
- FEB 26: Philanthropy & Business Owners
- MAR 26: Business Planning Under the New Tax
EPI Greater Los Angeles
- JAN 10: How to Prepare the Next Generation of Business Owners
- FEB 14: Investing in Qualified Opportunity Zones
- MAR 14: What Really Happens When You Sell Your Business
- APR 11: Private Placement Insurance: Is This an Option for Your Clients?
- MAY 9: Business Valuations: Ways to Increase the Value of a Business
- JUN 13: Creating Golden Handcuff Options for Key Employees
EPI Greater Nashville
- JAN 8: The End of The Cycle? What Indicators You Should Pay Attention To
- FEB 5: How SBA Can Be A Great Partner with Business Acquisitions
- JAN 9: Process with a Purpose: Building an Advisory Team for the Business Owner
- FEB 20: Handshakes Aren’t Enough: The Legal Documents Every Small Business Needs
- MAR 20: Real Tales in Exit Planning: A Business Owner Panel
EPI Lehigh Valley
- MAR 6: Protecting Value by Managing Risk
EPI Northeast Ohio
- JAN 16: Reposition Your Company – Increase Your Value, sponsored by Benesch
- FEB 12: EPI Northeast Ohio Networking Mixer, sponsored by Empire Business Associates
- MAR 12: Owner Exit Options, sponsored by BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- APR 9: TED Talks: Here’s a Pile of Money, Now What?
- MAY 13: Fun Networking and Team Building (including Bocce)
- JUN 11: Don’t Retire From – Retire To
EPI North Texas
- JAN 11: State of the EPI North Texas Chapter
- FEB 12: EPI CEPA Program Social, sponsored EPI North Texas Chapter
EPI Northeast Wisconsin
- FEB 6: Business Succession: An Integrated Approach
EPI Orange County
- JAN 10: How to Prepare the Next Generation of Wealth Holders and Business Owners
- FEB 14: Investing in Qualified Opportunity Zones
- MAR 14: What Really Happens When You Sell Your Business – Planning Realities, Pitfalls, and Success
EPI Twin Cities Metro Area
- JAN 10: Update on the Minnesota Trust Code
- FEB 14: Structuring the Deal from All Angles
- MAR 14: Moving the Needles: Legacy Planning for Business Owners
- APR 11: Employee Retention: Mentoring, Assessing, Compensating, & Retaining Strategies
- MAY 9: Exit Planning Simulation
- JAN 8: Today’s ESOPs – When Does it Fit Your Client and Other Updates
- MAR 12: All Business Valuations Are Not Created Equal – What You and Your Clients Need to Know
Explore the full network now.
Don’t see a chapter in your area? Explore www.EPIChapters.com and find all 22 chapters.
More than a credentialing company.
“This Methodology is Going to Supercharge My Practice!” -Justin Goodbread, CEPA, CFP®
Official ‘Exit Planning’ Definition: Exit planning combines the plan, concept, effort, and process into a clear, simple strategy to build a business that is transferable through strong human, structural, customer, and social capital. The future of the business owner, his/her family, and the business itself are addressed by exit planning through creating value today.
Exit planning is not just a plan (or a keyed-in report to print out for an owner). It is a strategy rooted in execution that grows value while expanding options so that an owner can transition the business on his/her terms when they are ready. It aligns the business, personal, and financial needs of the owner. Good exit planning utilizes the Value Acceleration Methodology™ to move clients through discovery, prepare, and decide gates. Certified Exit Planning Advisors (CEPA) educate the owner on all of the exit options and enters an engagement with an exit-option-agnostic perspective as to truly serve the business owner’s diverse needs. CEPAs collaborate with a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team of professionals to support the success of the business owner and use each other’s specialties and expertise to the benefit of the project. [view the award-winning methodology]
“Why did I earn CEPA when I already had an exit planning designation? Simple, the network. The quality of the EPI advisor network is unmatched.” -Paul Meyer, CEPA, CBEC
Do you consider your COIs or your referral network as the #1 source for new business? Look no further for your next membership affiliation. Formed in 2005 to serve educational and resource needs of financial planners and wealth managers, CPA/accountants, attorneys, commercial lenders, M&A advisors and business brokers, management consultants and other business advisors, the Exit Planning Institute is considered the standard trendsetter in the field of exit planning across the globe. It is the only organization that offers the Certified Exit Planning Advisor Program (CEPA) and qualifies for continuing education credits with twelve major professional associations, making it the most widely accepted and endorsed professional exit planning program in the world. [find a CEPA in your area]
“As a CPA, nothing is more important than exit planning.” -Bill Kenedy, CPA/ABV, CFF, CEPA
Our founders paved the way for the organization we are today. In the past three years alone, EPI has grown by more than ten times. We support and enable thousands of professional advisors who are leading the way in their local marketplaces across the globe. We invite you to join the community and experience the EPI difference.
We are powered by a dedicated staff, industry experts, and market leaders, that are passionate about providing top professional advisors the best industry content, ongoing practice support, and owner education resources. From humble beginnings, EPI has grown to become the exit planning market leader while staying focused and true to our mission. We are an education company that certifies and supports more than 900 CEPAs (and counting) as well as thousands of advisors worldwide through national, regional, chapter, and virtual education. Explore our history and make plans to play a part in our future. [explore the EPI history timeline snapshot]
“You want to have the best credential in the industry. So my advice is that you have to go with Exit Planning Institute.” -Vincent Mastrovito, CEPA, CBEC
Do you want help in an increasingly commoditized or oversaturated marketplace? Do you want just another designation for your business card or do you want the credentialing education that helps you adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing industry? You’ve come to the right place.
The Exit Planning Institute creates an exit planning “ecosystem,” and due to the diverse nature of exit planning, EPI has fostered a hyper-engaged exit planning community. This community includes CEPAs, other collaborative advisors, strategic alliance partners, academicians, the media, and business owners from across the globe made up of 15 countries, 44 U.S. States and representing over a dozen different professional disciplines. To serve this elite and cross-functional community on one major platform, EPI produces the best content as it relates to exit planning, succession planning, and value acceleration, provides ongoing advisor support and practice development, and creates connectivity to transitioning business owners. [connect with us today]
Explore the unmatched professional development experience and gain your next competitive edge in 2019.
The Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) Program is the most widely endorsed and accepted exit planning designation in the marketplace today. Experience the EPI difference and determine if earning the CEPA designation is the next strategic move for you to reinvent yourself in a changing marketplace. Visit www.EarnCEPA.com today.