FBCG is changing the outcomes for the longevity of family businesses and family relationships. Our families are successful because they are proactive in leadership development, family governance systems, and business governance systems. We believe that family businesses are best when they do strategic planning in both the family system and business systems at the same time. Family councils provide the family with the opportunity to define the vision for the family, to create leadership education, a method for shareholder education and communication, and a platform for conversations that may otherwise be ignored.
Studies repeatedly show business owners increase their profitability, professionalism, and value of their business when they have advice from outside advisors. The statistics for successful transitions increase when the owners create governance for their business and family systems.
How do we as CEPA’s introduce these ideas and engage the owner in governance? When does the business need to bring in others besides their family, lawyer, banker, an accountant? How do they go about searching for members and selecting the correct people?
members and experts on a nationwide basis across a wide spectrum of business functional areas.
- Attendees will be able to articulate two reasons that peer learning increases the profitability and value of their businesses.
- Attendees will be able to define the family council.
- Why is it beneficial to have the family and business do simultaneous planning?
- Attendees will define the difference between a board of directors and board of advisors.
- Attendees will be able to articulate the rate at which governance has been shown to impact the longevity of family business ownership.
About the Summit:
Every year, the EPI community gathers the top 200+ advisors from across the industry (and the world) at the Exit Planning Summit. A major part of the Summit experience and value is that EPI has built a strong, collaborative network of solution providers specifically geared toward supporting advisors like you in changing the outcome for exiting middle market business owners.