A Buy/Sell Agreement is a legally binding contract that stipulates how a partner’s share of a business may be reassigned if that partner dies or otherwise leaves the business through a series of triggering events.
The key elements of a buy-sell agreement include:
- Element 1. Identify the parties.
- Element 2. Triggered buyout event.
- Element 3. Buy-sell structure.
- Element 4. Company valuation.
- Element 5. Funding resources.
- Element 6. Taxation considerations.
- By using “who, what, why, when, and how” questions, EPI members will learn the nuts and bolts (basics) of a Buy/Sell agreement while exploring real life war stories and the do’s and don’ts of negotiating these documents.
About the Presenters:
Learn from industry experts, Janice L. Miller, Esq., L. Gary Barr, Esq., and Tina Alleguez, Esq.Meet the Presenters