ESOPs are an option often considered by business owners and their advisors when planning for an exit. The problem is that they are almost always talked about in the abstract with the benefits highlighted and the realities ignored. Using case studies, Chelsea will explore all the factors in considering an ESOP from the actual components of the plan, to how to choose when it’s appropriate (and when it’s not) for both the owner and the key employees, to potential disasters for the business owner 3, 5, 7 years down the road.
- Background on ESOPs and the advantages of ESOPs, as compared to other exit strategy options
- Key issues to be mindful of
- Issues in ESOP litigation, including:
- DOL enforcement actions
- Private party plaintiff actions
- Valuation Issues
- Qualification of Advisors
- Due Diligence
About the Presenter:
Learn from industry expert Chelsea Mikula-Tomko, Partner, Tucker Ellis, LLP.Meet the Presenter
This event is free to attend!
Thank you to our Sponsors: