Private Risk Capital Development Advisors, LLC will be Presenting About:
Presenter: Bradley Barros, President & CEO
Minimizing the tax impact on the sale of a business and subsequent estate plan is a fundamental role for CEPAs.
Historical solutions have been limited to inter-family gifting, charitable planning and life insurance. While these may be “better” advents than paying the tax that would otherwise be levied, each has its own failings, by either conceding the tax, transferring the tax to a subsequent generation, or charitably gifting wealth to non-family members.
There is a much more effective alternative that national law firms have developed for their largest private clients that can also benefit middle-market business owners. The solutions encompass a variety of tax-advantaged customized private placement ownership structures that can hold private business interests with a value of $5M or more. When properly deployed, the structures place control in the hands of the client’s trusted professional advisors who remain integral to the planning solution.
As a CEPA, it is crucial for you to be aware of these advanced structures in order to properly advise your clients while maintaining a leadership role in an ever-changing planning environment.
- An introduction to the private placement ownership structures as a powerful Exit Planning Tools for business owners.
- Understanding the characteristics of ideal candidates for the solutions.
- Learning how to add these advanced capabilities to your practice in order to attract and better assist new clients, develop larger net business sales and expand your referral network.
REAG will be Presenting About:
Presenter: Scott Mashuda, Founding Partner
As a CEPA-credentialed advisor, you know value is a critical factor when business owners are considering a sale.
By involving an investment banker early in the process, you can help your clients maximize value and facilitate a smooth sale that pays off – for the business owner and for you as their advisor.
As an investment bank with more than 40 years of combined experience across 25+ industries, REAG and Investment Banks like us specialize in unlocking value. We do this through the valuation process followed by a plan to optimize the business. Our process begins long before the sale and hinges on a thorough review of the business, its industry, potential valuation, and current market conditions.
Similar to the path to retirement you’ve charted with your client, we create a roadmap for a transition of business ownership that will maximize value.
- When to leverage investment bankers in the process
- Deepening the relationship with the business owner client
- How investment banks can increase the overall value of your clients business