Christine Timms and Susan Latremoille, two recently retired/exited financial advisors discuss the experience of deciding when to exit from advising and how to successfully transition a retiring advisor’s clientele to a successor advisor. This webinar will provide the attendees with the needed insight and understanding of both the retiring/exiting advisor and the successor advisor.
Christine will introduce participants to step-by-step processes and tools to complete successful transitions including:
- Articulating both advisors unique business models
- Steps of Transition Timeline
- Potential Successor Evaluation Worksheet
- Client Transition Contract Issues to Address
Susan will discuss planning for a successful post transition life for the exiting advisor and the importance of synergy between the exiting advisor and the successor.
The webinar will also discuss a financial advisor’s Retirement Exit Decision including:
- Hints that it may be time to start preparing for retirement (personal and business)
- The Dangers of waiting too long to retire (personal and business)
- Steps towards retirement
- How and when to successfully retire from a Financial Advisory career
- How to successfully transition a financial advisor’s practice to a successor advisor.
- How advisors can position themselves to receive group referrals from other advisors (usually a retiring advisor)
About the Exit Planning Ecosystem Series:
If you are looking to learn more about a variety of topics within the exit planning ecosystem, this introductory level webinar series is right for you. This webinar covers topics such as: valuation, estate planning, tax planning, market updates, M&A, real estate, financial planning, exit planning, value growth, and exit options.
The EPI Exit Planning Ecosystem Webinar Series is a FREE web-based continuing education presentation for EPI members and the general public. Topics for the webinars complement the EPI Value Acceleration Methodology, a process created by Christopher Snider, and taught at or in the Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) Program. These one-hour educational broadcasts are taught by industry experts from across the nation. Review upcoming broadcasts below.