The Certiﬁcate in Exit Planning Online Program was developed by nationally recognized experts who serve as faculty members for the Exit Planning Institute’s Certiﬁed Exit Planning Advisor ® (CEPA®) Program. The six-module program was designed to take professional advisors (as well as sales and marketing professionals and colleagues of existing CEPAs) through an ‘exit planning 101’ course that provides an overview of the Value Acceleration Methodology™. Attendees leave the program with a baseline understanding of what exit planning is and how to help business owners plan effectively.
The program takes the attendee through six modules which concentrate on the core elements of the Value Acceleration Methodology and the organizing principle of the methodology called Master Planning. Master Planning has three critical components referred to as the “three legs of the stool.”
- Maximizing Business Value
- Personal Financial Planning
- Life After Business Planning
Participants will also learn to describe deliverables at each of the three major gates of the methodology and understand how the exit planner and the “triggering event” creates action and generates business opportunity and deal flow for other professional advisors while significantly improving value and probability of a successful transaction.
Participants who have successfully completed the course receive a Certificate in Exit Planning from the Exit Planning Institute.
After attending this workshop, attendees will able to:
- Communicate the benefits of the Value Acceleration Methodology which focuses on identifying, protecting, maximizing, harvesting and managing owner and family wealth
- Name and describe the deliverables at each gate of the Value Acceleration Methodology
- Describe how the “triggering event” enlightens owners to take action to begin working on their transition process
- Describe the three critical components of a successful transition process
- Describe the key roles of each of the team members involved in exit planning
- State the statistics from the State of Owner Readiness Survey which describes the current state of owner readiness
- Describe the market opportunity created by the baby boomer generation age wave
- Understand how the exit planner and the “triggering event” creates action and generates business opportunity and deal flow for other professional advisors while significantly improving value and probability of a successful transaction
About the Instructor:
Scott Snider, EPI Vice President, is skilled in rapid value growth and business improvements and travels the country educating advisors on how to trigger owner action and create sustainable change within the owner mindset to allow for the benefits of exit planning to be fully realized. He teaches the Certificate in Exit Planning virtual course in an interactive fashion, allowing web participants opportunities to ask questions and get them answered live so that you leave this session with a baseline understanding of the current market conditions, a new understanding of what exit planning really is, and how the Value Acceleration Methodology is used to expand exit options, educate owners, and change long-term outcomes.