Because of the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, we know that not all heroes wear capes. Members of the EPI community have certainly proven themselves as heroes during this time as they support the business community.
As we continue to navigate the current changing conditions, EPI is dedicated to providing you with relevant information to help support you in this unique time.
The list below will update regularly with relevant member-contributed articles, webinars, podcasts, and other top-notch content to help keep us informed and united as a community.
Explore top webinars, articles, podcasts, and more below.
If you’re looking to get your information in shorter bites, here are a few articles that should do the trick!
- 13 Tips to Balance Staying Competitive with Maintaining Cash Flow in Your Business contributed by Justin Goodbread
- 7 Tips for Successfully Managing Remote Teams contributed by Paige Koerper
- 12 Strategic Ideas That Take Advantage of These Current Market Conditions contributed by Jim Maher
- OK, Boomer: With COVID-19, It’s Time to Dust Off That Resiliency Again contributed by J. Christopher Cuneo
- Why Family Alignment is Important contributed by Prometis Partners
- 7 Ways to Establish a Routine When Working From Home contributed by Thrive Global
- COVID-19: How to Go Virtual and Move Your Business Accounting Offsite ASAP contributed by Quantive
- Employee Compensation Amid COVID-19 contributed by The VisionLink Advisory Group
- How to Manage Cash Flow in a COVID-19 World contributed by Quantive
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist prepared by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- 12 Strategic Ideas contributed by Jim Maher
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act: A Cheat Sheet for Employers prepared by Kirsten Mooney and Rob Gilmore
- BizEquity Small Business Survival Guide for the Coronavirus contributed by BizEquity
- Protect Your Business from Financial Fraud: COVID-19 contributed by Dan Doran
- 2 Minutes to Look Better on Zoom contributed by Julie Keyes
- What Should Be in a Good Business Plan contributed by Justin Goodbread
Keep engaged with these topical broadcasts. See below and stay in the know:
- COVID-19 Impact on M&A and Valuations contributed by Dan Doran
- How to Generate Durable Income During Volatile Times (Forbes)
- Ready For Next: Accelerating out of a Recession contributed by Sean Hutchinson
- Assessing Risk In Your Business: Probability Impact Planning contributed by Cerity Partners
- How to Build Your Exit Planning Practice to Stand Out contributed by Brett Dearing
- Candid Conversation About Exit Planning RIGHT NOW with Brooke Norman contributed by the Southern California Institute
Podcasts can offer a break from the typical visual and written content, and can be consumed everywhere. Here is what we have from this week:
- Life After Business contributed by Ryan Tansom
- Find Your Exit contributed by Mark Kravietz
- Ask Justin featuring Allen Brown: SBA Disaster Loans for Small Business Owners contributed by Justin Goodbread
- Ask Justin featuring Gavin Baker: Small Business Marketing During the COVID-19 Pandemic contributed by Justin Goodbread
- What is Recession Proof Compensation? contributed by Tom Jordan
More than a credentialing company.
“This Methodology is Going to Supercharge My Practice!” -Justin Goodbread, CEPA, CFP®
Official ‘Exit Planning’ Definition: Exit planning combines the plan, concept, effort, and process into a clear, simple strategy to build a business that is transferable through strong human, structural, customer, and social capital. The future of the business owner, his/her family, and the business itself are addressed by exit planning through creating value today.
Exit planning is not just a plan (or a keyed-in report to print out for an owner). It is a strategy rooted in execution that grows value while expanding options so that an owner can transition the business on his/her terms when they are ready. It aligns the business, personal, and financial needs of the owner. Good exit planning utilizes the Value Acceleration Methodology™ to move clients through discovery, prepare, and decide gates. Certified Exit Planning Advisors (CEPA) educate the owner on all of the exit options and enters an engagement with an exit-option-agnostic perspective as to truly serve the business owner’s diverse needs. CEPAs collaborate with a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team of professionals to support the success of the business owner and use each other’s specialties and expertise to the benefit of the project. [view the award-winning methodology]
“Why did I earn CEPA when I already had an exit planning designation? Simple, the network. The quality of the EPI advisor network is unmatched.” -Paul Meyer, CEPA, CBEC
Do you consider your COIs or your referral network as the #1 source for new business? Look no further for your next membership affiliation. Formed in 2005 to serve educational and resource needs of financial planners and wealth managers, CPA/accountants, attorneys, commercial lenders, M&A advisors and business brokers, management consultants and other business advisors, the Exit Planning Institute is considered the standard trendsetter in the field of exit planning across the globe. It is the only organization that offers the Certified Exit Planning Advisor Program (CEPA) and qualifies for continuing education credits with twelve major professional associations, making it the most widely accepted and endorsed professional exit planning program in the world. [find a CEPA in your area]
“As a CPA, nothing is more important than exit planning.” -Bill Kenedy, CPA/ABV, CFF, CEPA
Our founders paved the way for the organization we are today. In the past three years alone, EPI has grown by more than ten times. We support and enable thousands of professional advisors who are leading the way in their local marketplaces across the globe. We invite you to join the community and experience the EPI difference.
We are powered by a dedicated staff, industry experts, and market leaders, that are passionate about providing top professional advisors the best industry content, ongoing practice support, and owner education resources. From humble beginnings, EPI has grown to become the exit planning market leader while staying focused and true to our mission. We are an education company that certifies and supports more than 900 CEPAs (and counting) as well as thousands of advisors worldwide through national, regional, chapter, and virtual education. Explore our history and make plans to play a part in our future. [explore the EPI history timeline snapshot]
“You want to have the best credential in the industry. So my advice is that you have to go with Exit Planning Institute.” -Vincent Mastrovito, CEPA, CBEC
Do you want help in an increasingly commoditized or oversaturated marketplace? Do you want just another designation for your business card or do you want the credentialing education that helps you adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing industry? You’ve come to the right place.
The Exit Planning Institute creates an exit planning “ecosystem,” and due to the diverse nature of exit planning, EPI has fostered a hyper-engaged exit planning community. This community includes CEPAs, other collaborative advisors, strategic alliance partners, academicians, the media, and business owners from across the globe made up of 15 countries, 44 U.S. States and representing over a dozen different professional disciplines. To serve this elite and cross-functional community on one major platform, EPI produces the best content as it relates to exit planning, succession planning, and value acceleration, provides ongoing advisor support and practice development, and creates connectivity to transitioning business owners. [connect with us today]
Explore the unmatched professional development experience and gain your next competitive edge in 2019.
The Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) Program is the most widely endorsed and accepted exit planning designation in the marketplace today. Experience the EPI difference and determine if earning the CEPA designation is the next strategic move for you to reinvent yourself in a changing marketplace. Visit www.EarnCEPA.com today.