THE INTERSECTION OF AN INCOMPETENT BENEFICIARY, A DEPLETING BUSINESS ASSET, A PROBABLE LARGE ESTATE TAX, AND A FAMILY DISFUNCTION
Yes, this is what we officially call a “Hairy” case! Join Ann and David as they consider how to manage a convoluted case where the Fiduciary is facing a multitude of converging issues, including:
- A business that is losing value (“Moving Parts, Inc.”);
- A key person component held by the majority shareholder with a shortened life span (1-2 years)
- A healthy spouse who is desiring divorce and has no business control
- The potential for a heavy estate tax liability now, worsening with tax law changes
- Heirs who are scared or nervous, don’t get along, and may want to exert more influence in the family, business and handling of the estate.
Come hang out with your fellow EPI members as we all work together to decide what is our business owner to do and how should we, as the fiduciaries, advisor her?
- To whom do we owe legal or fiduciary duty and in what order of priority?
- Understand the various Fiduciary Duties, such as:
- Duty of Loyalty
- Duty of Impartiality
- Duty of Confidentiality
- Duty to Disclose/Inform
- Duty of Care and Preservation of Assets
- Duty to Defend and Enforce Claims
About the Presenters:
Learn from industry experts Ann Rosevear and David Osgod.
EXIT PLANNING IS GOOD BUSINESS STRATEGY
The Exit Planning Institute, provides Financial Advisors, Accountants, Consultants, and other advisors of business owners with the critical education to differentiate themselves and add value to their existing client relationships through a credential, conference, courses, and content. Download the CEPA brochure for more information.